Known Associates

Blood

     All about poetry lies Jesus, 
and about Jesus, Egypt. 
     "We showed Pharaoh all Our 
signs, but he denied them 
and paid no heed."
I keep an Egypt secretly in my
heart: never foretell that which
     may never happen: 
on the coast at Sharm, I almost 
sever a finger while slicing 
     onions for rassum: 
blood colors the broth, mirrors 
the sea before me:
          my exit. 


Thomas 

Here is one, here is one

"Look at my motor, little brother."
     four barrel carb
Two boys stillborn just this week
     straight eight
     Hurst shifter
     Unborn Children
Theory Of Abundance 
Matt's dead from liver cancer
     leather seats

From Hollow
          To Hill,
Smell The Spirits'
          Flow
"Pastor blessed my motor."
          Koni shocks
We Own Nothing
     But Moonshine 
JimBob's .38 roulette 

We Hand Off To
     The Children's
Children's Children 
Jethro dead from breast cancer
          dual exhaust 
     wired shut trunk
bladder or the tank
          no seams
     dark muffler

"Can't take my rifle, Cuz."
Zed lost to the sugar
"Squirrel hunt's next week."
Jesus Elected Us To
Guard All That Belongs
     To The Unborn
Ravine swallowed Dodd 
"Brother, see my motor?"
     new belts and hoses

Talking about a child who loves Jesus


Jesus Has

Jesus, star forward, Valley Vipers, 
has his monkey sat atop a purple

Bulls' rucksack chock-full
of pollen from a bogata cursed

by Jesus' heartsong. This monkey,
a real small golden howler from Pilar,

Jesus's dubbed Satan. She wears
a rhinestone collar like an S&M cowboy

afterthought with no lead attached
to confuse any following this affair

which by and large has gone
swimmingly once past the Rio Grande.

Troops in green cast their eyes 
at Jesus and wonder wonders.

Sergeant wanders up with his two
volunteers, sizes up the situation.

Jesus beats him to the punch,
"I'm Jesus and this is Satan, my

monkey, and we're here to call down
miracles on Texas. Yes, sir, we

have brought tádídíín to Edinburg."
Sergeant looks askance at this monkey

who howls like a hot mother peppa.
The three sad sacks exchange glances,

"Alrighty then! Thanks! Carry-on!"
Jesus turns north to renew the quest.


Murder of Note

Who wants to know?     <whois> 
     Tastes like a simulation,
     "He said he was Pan, but.
I think he was just a bad man."  
          What can you teach me 
To fish,      fishers of fish? 
Marketplace has the hosts 
     With the SNL voices.  
     Sounds like a simulation: 
Pretend ur students r motivated! 
     Future GAAP says Honor

Books as intangible like Goodwill. 
     "I can see all the things, 
Things on my kitchen counter." 
Jesus made miracle magic, 
     So who couldn't save Thomas? 
The convention, the standard has 
Been arrived at through tradition, 
Dr Who?  The Creator?     <finger>
          Feels like a simulation,
Tradition     <whoami>     aided 
By ordinary, accepted practice 

     Measured by instruments, 
Using credentialed observers, 
Over peanut butter & jelly.
     Smells like a simulation, 
          You remember who added 
Strawberries to the preserves… 
     Who can pretend heaven is 
A place on earth, but dusty dust 
          Ain't grow nothin' except 
Ghostberries & busted playlands. 
          Looks like a simulation, 

Eyes who wander among palms,
     Dozens of hikers become ill
During trips to AZ waterfalls… 
      Tiny, red sentient beings:
Oy, me chakras r burning! 
     Przewalski's horses return to
Kazakh steppes after 200 jahre.
      Let's be careful out there. 
Who hasn't printed things in awe?  
          Whose typewriter kills
Theists? "Who, who shot Thomas?"


Rona Sequelae

He that sinneth in the sight of his Maker,
shall fall into the hands of the physician.

1 …tempo rubato
     "Dis loud!" 
     "WHAT? ARE YOU FIVE?"
Have you got     
                    a hot numba 
          in floor tonite! 
     Our DJ, Rona, has her 
crew hop 
          hop hoppin' 
Voice of the Theater 
          speakers 
          VR turntables 
     Kitsune breaks 
"When did Heaven get House?" 
"COVID SAID HELLO TO SOME MCs."
We should be dancin' 
     Gotta get down 
          Dancin'!
     Mary: So how's it going with 
your Eldritch Horror?
     Newlywed: Started manscaping, 
so there's that. 
"So, Jesus, did you know…" 
"To whom am I speaking?" 
"Thomas…" 
"Continue."
"My mother wanted me to be 
a physician like Luke." 
"You do you say, don't." 
"What?" 
"Why do you say what, Thomas?" 
"Because my hands are small, she said."
< smallness of hands can 
sometimes indicate 
broadness of mind >
"Hunh?"
"…" 
"Anyway, what's with the new tunes? I did not know Pops liked House!"
Have you git 
                    a hot numba 
          in floor tonite! 
     Our Rona has hashish 
Get up Get on up Get up 
     hava nagila etc 

2 …tempo giusto
     DC C0vidC0mics feature:
     Mayor by day,— 
When the moon rises 
a \ / sigil appears in the Vales Marinara 
(wait Mare something, right?)
     and soon 
          oh so soon 
               too 
(not on the lunar surface, nearby)
     not too far  a w a a a a y, 
          appears The Hare!  
chorus
"So you're partying 
     "And Covid forgot 
          "Like the hobby-horse 
"Dada forgo forgive foregone" 
< springtime hath come as 
Avril with its sweet showers
increases the rue in our bloodstream 
and our hip, our shoulder, 
left middle finger, butthole, 
eyebrows, etc are inflaméd > 
"Aye, not the humidity, 
but long covid like a finger
 in your brain, 
sinuses rebelling, ankles 
swelling, heart a shuddering…"
"Thomas, are you afflicted?" 
"Aye, Jesus." 
"Candidly, Thomas, I'm Kesey here." 
"How do you know you're not Jesus?"
"Well, la dee da!" 
"NO ONE'S MASKED HERE?" 
"To be frank, covid's endemic…" 
"FRANK? SAID YOU WERE KESEY." 
"Surely, you jest." 
"My name's not Shirley, it's Kesey."
"AIRPLANE!" 
"Dance off!" 
     Eat Eat 
          Summer Cannibals 
               Going straight to hell 
     Ate 8    
     Newlywed: I've always thought 
of myself as more like, 
you know, polyamorous. 
Is that so wrong?
     Mary: No, no, we try to support 
the men we love. 

3 …tempo rubato 
    Gotta give all      
you got to your 
good lovin' man!
     Eldritch Horror: We're out of wine. 
Where's your kid? 
     Mary: I don't have a kid. 
I have a son. 
     Eldritch Horror: Look. I have 
spent a hard day jerking off 
and now I don't have time 
to get wine. 
     Mary: Have a look around. 
He loves people. 
"When I was a child, Ma 
used to keep me 
from flying by tying one 
of my legs to a chair, 
so that Joseph could watch me 
while he was fixing the chair." 
G. Berner: Weird. Going on an airplane 
with no mask when it's nearly 
certain that Covid is going 
to be on that plane. 
That is fucking weird.
"Not that kind of flying…" 
chorus
"He's Mister White Keys!
"Keys! Keys! Keys!
"White Keys!"


Didymus

A stream 
pushes flotsam:
these bed clothes
pull so much
     dust: too gone
          to write
               or read,
                         words
                    slip
          away:
"Can't you meditate
on the way your
tongue undulates
while we're talking?"
     I must 
become invisible,
so as not to cause pain:
yet a hole is greater 
     than its parts.


Concupiscence 

The Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, 
Allah's messenger —they slew him 
not                nor crucified him, 
but it appeared so unto them.
My twin him —Didymus
          But first 
     We dance         
          Touch
     Taste
Listen
          Peer
Kiss me I'm Thomas
Kiss me I'm Thomas 
Have you any room
Tower for overwatch 
Enter here
Put your hand here
Reach in side
Where —holiest of holy holes 
     Acrid poblano sage
Sweet carob rue 
He was the sweet marjoram 
of my salad, or rather, 
the herb of grace
     Fluff stuck knuckle deep 
Astringent     —tongue dance
Minty     —flute bent note
Rough toes     —heel feeling less
Less sandalwood 
Less espresso 
Movement all
Choreography of violets
Streaming gowns
Knees bent     —note note
To what base uses we may return, 
Horatio! Why may not imagination 
trace the noble dust of Alexander,
till he find it stopping a bung-hole?
Elbows up
Chin dip
Turn 
I like my whiskey 
And I like to dance
Oaks will grow upside down
With their roots above town
They will bleed all around 
All around and round
Merci Iesus, fiȝ Mari
As þou ert god and king of heuene
Pricks' pricks —an agenbite of inwit
     Twelve rivers lit by fire
          Dark cloud suffused
By light aware aware aware
Goat's foot and monkey's paw
Wreathéd by sun prancing
Phoenix 
And bears 
So to sleep     —asleep to dream
Trembling demons —sprinkled
Call for shadows —vines
Litanies' litany —vines
But first 
     We dance         
          Touch
     Taste
Listen
          Peer
Kiss me I'm Thomas
Kiss me I'm Thomas 
Hill to die on
Spear for the king's men
Enter here
Put your hand here
Where  —holiest of wholes 
I like my whiskey 
And I like to dance
Habibi habibi —dip your cup
Yallah —fugue state
Bismalah —concerto's concerto 
Woe to me, the empty one, 
that comes empty 
to the place of the customs 


Saudade 

Here's where the buildings
are taller, the light's much smaller.
Here's where the road's not flat,
the curb's old hat, and cars gone

funny. I ain't made of money.
"You aren't made of money."
Can't sweeten me with honey.
"Can't sweeten you with honey."

Sorry when I met you, oh, oh,
"Sorry that we met."
All the promises not kept, Jesus,
Promises not kept.


Light of the World 

"Surely to God belongs what the 
heaven and the earth contain. 
He has knowledge of all 
your thoughts and actions."

Jesus knocks on a door 
with no handle, no offers, 
          no others. 
Jesus sees what we avoid: 
we know the danger surrounding 
          us: we will collapse.
What we perceive as harmful is 
blank: what's beneficial, blank. 
So mock not Jesus' love for all: 
did he not make clay birds fly? 


Flaws 

You have them
     like flowers always present
          spring summer and fall,
kept unsullied by cause
     or effect,
          strummed as a guitar
or crusted with all kinds
     of accumulations like spit
          from sink to sink.
You can't explain any regrets
     He has
          nor refuse His doubts
about who you are or will be,
     monied,
          tainted by disease,
tripped over in the dark,
     skilled in dissolution,
          given no oils as affection.





Comments

Popular Posts