Baron

Baron

I'm the sower, the mower,
and the stower…
          —he's the king of my castle
I'm one amongst many
     "My coming was foretold"
          —dust to dust and ashes to ashes 
     "I rule this household" 
I was made for better things
          —he's the captain of my ship  
     "Y'all profane my place in this earth" 
          —he's my own boss
I didn't deserve what happened to me 
          —his world ain't my sane space 
Same like fairies stole me from my crib
     "Jesus loves me this I know"
My priests love me
          —his dog loves me
     "My vet loves me"
          —dust to dust and ashes to ashes
     "I'm so wonderful" 
I'm too bountiful 
          —his purple mountain's majesty
I am what I am
          —he's alone amongst men
     "Stepping out" 
          —dust to dust and ashes to ashes
     "Strutting down the walk"
          —his band and mourners strolling
Speak no ill of the dead
          —dust to dust and ashes to ashes 
I'm the sower, the mower,
and the stower…








Comments

Popular Posts