Summertime
Summertime
The jetstream thoughts echoed there.
Man had a plan, then he hit the sand.
That 'somebody did me' voice
talking in my head. I'd rather listen
to Traffic or to "Eminence Front,"
but I can't dress to kill
cause I haven't washed my clothes.
The same motor cycles in my mind:
"The boss stole my song." When I know
they never listened. I know they can't
have heard because they wouldn't
have did me like they did.
My lovers would not have.
The others would not.
Bothers me not.
Yet the jetstream thoughts echo there.
The man had a plan, so he got a tan.
I didn't join up.
The party was done.
My mother says, "There're plenty
of fish in the sea."
And the V-twins on 3 are driving
me mad with their double-clutch shot
explosions. The hot tires' dust blows
into my living room, then spots black
from the rain. Finally, thunder blasts
us bikers into Mike's where the beer
is piss and teens drink free.
Yet the jetstream thoughts echo here.
The man had a plan, so he got a tan.
Now I know what my mother's felt.
Why she was hiding.
Even Utube sends me Adams
Clinical ads for a 'study.'
And my boss never did. They're dead.
More then once. They bought the hills.
Got flooded out. We're all flooded.
We're all forgot. It's a really sad song.
No wonder they didn't steal it.
Yet it still cycles on. Once the rain's gone.
At least we're dressed to kill.
Riding free. Hair blowing in the wind.
Just not ready for a blowout.
Or a stick in the belt.
Or a corduroy road.
Or the groovy bridge.
The high side.
Yet jetstream thoughts still echo here.
The man had a plan, so he hit the sand.
[persona]
Comments
Post a Comment
Empathy recommended