Dreams

Dreams

The dreams where I live in other people's 
               homes with two cockatoo
     in the barn: man comes to fix tv:
booth with atm and I forget my pin:
people come home, and man tries to hit
me: they have a baby on the floor:
     I have been watching Returned
          both in French and in English:
領袖 has eliminated any
and all distractions: supposed to be
                    a good thing:
when I see into the past I am a resident
of only towns: uprooted, mobile,
     I die without offspring and end
in churchyard: I encompass graves:
looking back like the Angel of History,
I see wreckage where I imagine 
     others might see heritage and look 
          forward to leaving a legacy:
     to look at youth but not be jealous,
but to love them, to want to join them
          because that is the best of life,
     to desire again the beauty of what
can be learned because nothing is
yet certain because now you know nothing
will be certain: nothing, even not nothing:
for youth: no death: no end: pull
into the NoTeL in Saint Clair
before I run off the road,
drunk, asleep.








[lyric]

Comments

Popular Posts